Investment Insights for Dutch Pension Funds & Institutional Investors
08.30 : Registration and Coffee
09.00 : Welcome & Opening Remarks
Trevor Cook, Managing Director, Specialist Pension Services
09.05 : Keynote Address & Impact Investing
Moderator: Marcel Jeucken, Managing Director Responsible Investing, PGGM
Fieke van der Lecq, Crown Member, SER; Professor of Pension Markets, VU
Innovation in Dutch Pensions: Sustainability of Plans and Investments
SER proposals for a new pension system are due early Autumn. What do they reveal and how does this tie into long term sustainable pension investment?
9.40 : Global Equity Impact Investing: Panel session
Ross McSkimming, Investment Director, Equities, Standard Life Investments
Louise Kooy-Henckel, Investment Director, Equities, Wellington Management
Marieke Francois, Impact Investing Manager, Phenix Capital
Aglae Martin-Ballestro, Analyst & SRI Coordinator, ABN Amro Investment Solutions
- Why is it important to harness the power of capital markets to solve some of the world's problems?
- Why fundamental research is key to assessing financial returns and quantifying impact
- The importance of reporting
- Why should trustees care about impact investing?
- What are the opportunities, challenges and critical questions to ask of both investment managers and pension fund colleagues?
- Bringing impact investing to the mainstream
- Building infrastructure: partnering, connecting and educating
- Selecting managers for listed equity impact investing - practical considerations
10.55 : Coffee/Tea
11.25 : Session 2: Equity Investment Strategies
Moderator: Ramon Tol, Senior Fund Manager Equities, Blue Sky Group
Christopher Schaefer, Senior Portfolio Manager, Union Investment
European Stocks back in the Spotlight: Why Investors are taking another Look
- Topics and trends: Scrutinizing the key drivers for European equities
- Regions, sectors, styles: What's hot, what's not?
- Generating alpha: On the advantages of comprehensive fundamental analysis and sophisticated stock selection
- Adding value: Displaying the true benefits of active management for equity portfolios
Andres Perez, Associate Portfolio Manager, AGF Investments
De-globalisation, Technology and Implications for Global Investing
- Approaching the tipping point? Examining market & political forces in de-globalisation
- Impact on employment, wages, corporate profits and returns
- How AI / Technology may upend previous norms
- Identifying winners and losers: benefits and risks by industry, market and corporate structure
12.40 : Drinks and Lunch
13.50 : Session 3: Approaches to Active & Passive Investing
Moderator: Wouter Weijand, Chief Investment Officer, Providence Capital
Ankul Daga, Senior Investment Strategist, Vanguard Asset Management
Making the Implicit Explicit
The Active-Passive Decision
Investing actively is rarely an either/or decision. This session discusses the active-passive decision in terms of portfolio construction. We present a framework to help decide on the investment approach and highlight the key success factors for active investing.
Jennie Austin, Director, Asset Owner Group Europe, FTSE Russell
Smart Beta meets Sustainability
The 2017 FTSE Russell Global Smart Beta Survey showed that 60% of EMEA respondents are looking to place ESG considerations into their smart beta strategies; motivated by investment led, rather than social or ethical reasons. This talk will look at combining ESG considerations with multi-factor preferences to create a single index solution.
15.30 Session 4: Panel Discussion
Moderator: Martjin Vijver, Senior Fund Manager, MN
Current Issues of concern for Dutch Pension Fund Investors
Investors will discuss current investment priorities and topics of interest for their pension fund. Topics to be covered include:
Incorporating sustainable investment in a fixed income portfolio.
Alex Neve, Director of Fixed Income, Univest
Jacco Heemskerk, Chair, Cindu Pension Fund; President, CFA Society Netherlands
Roland van den Brink, Manager Investments, Appolaris
16.30 : Drinks Reception & Close of Conference
This conference aims to examine a range of topical investment issues relevant to Dutch pension funds and other institutional investors.
The conference is by invitation only for pension funds and other institutional investors. If you are not already receiving an invitation please contact us. A limited number of Complimentary invitations are usually available to genuine pension fund representatives (executives and trustees) and other approved institutional investors. However, to ensure we have room for as many funds as possible, we have to limit free places to 2 attendees per approved organisation thereafter a reduced rate fee is payable per delegate. Furthermore, SPS always reserves the right of admission (free or paid) and our decision is final.
Apollo Hotel, Amsterdam
February 8, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
March 8, 2018 Copenhagen Marriott Hotel
March 15, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
March 22, 2018 Apollo Hotel, Amsterdam
April 12, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
April 19, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
May 10, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
June 7, 2018 The Westbury, Dublin
June 14, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
July 12, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
August 30, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
September 13, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
September 20, 2018 Apollo Hotel, Amsterdam
October 2, 2018 7A Strandvägen, Stockholm
October 11, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
November 8, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
November 15, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
November 22, 2018 Manchester
December 11, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London