Annual Nordic Institutional Investors' Conference
08.30 : Registration and Coffee
08.55 : Welcome & Opening Remarks
Trevor Cook, Managing Director, Specialist Pension Services
09.00 : Session 1: Introduction and Equity
Jan Willers, Partner & Head of Intelligence, Kirstein
Key Trends in Nordic Institutional Investment: Recent Survey Findings
This session will look at the latest data from Kirstein Nordic Intelligence revealing trends across the Nordic region in institutional investment. Asset-allocation on a country-by-country basis will be discussed as well as issues such as active and passive management and internal and external management.
Christopher Schaefer, Senior Portfolio Manager, Union Investment
European Stocks back in the Spotlight: Why Investors are Taking Another Look
- Topics and trends: Scrutinizing the key drivers for European equities
- Regions, sectors, styles: What´s hot, what´s not?
- Generating alpha: On the advantages of comprehensive fundamental analysis and sophisticated stock selection
- Adding value: Displaying the true benefits of active management for equity portfolios
Alexis Gray, Economist, Investment Management Group, Vanguard Europe
China: More than just a Hard or Soft Landing
A look beyond the question of a hard or soft economic landing in China by exploring exposure to China through the lens of diversification and the development of its capital markets.
10.50 : Coffee/Tea
11.15 : Session 2: EMD and Ethics in Investing
Robert Simpson, Senior Portfolio Manager, Emerging Market Debt, Insight Investment
Emerging Market Debt: Efficient Allocation Strategy
- Emerging market debt - understanding the divergence in markets
- Why investors should consider new approaches to investing in EMD to create an efficient allocation strategy
Alexander Fleischer, Business Process Manager, Erste Asset Management
Big Data (Ethics) & Price Discrimination in investing
- Demon "Big Data"
- Data ethics
- Data impact on pricing and price discrimination
- Responsible investing controversies. Everybody´s talking about “Big Data” – but how about Ethics on its usage? More information leading to more accurate prices? On the road to a new pricing paradigm? Responsible Investing might face some controversies...
12.25 : Drinks and Lunch
13.35 : Session 3: Keynote Address & Sustainable Investing
Chairman: Mårten Agneskog, Portfolio Manager and Head of Manager Selection, Swedbank Robur Fonder
Stefan Lundbergh, Supervisory Board Member, AP4 & Indepencdent Expert appointed to review PPM
Keynote Address - Premium Pension System Review
Martina Macpherson, Global Head of Sustainability Indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices
Sustainable Investment Goes Mainstream
- Finding a common framework for Sustainability across the portfolio: are SDGs the answer?
- Latest trends on sustainability
- Portfolio perspectives – expanding allocations from symbolic to holistic
- Indices as a gateway to sustainability investing
Dominic Byrne, Investment Director, Global Equities, Standard Life Investments
Global Equity Impact Investing
- Impact investing in public markets
- Why fundamental research is key to assessing financial returns and quantifying impact
- Moving from fund outputs to fund outcomes
15.35 Session 4: Case Studies
Tobacco Free Portfolios: the case for Tobacco-free Investment
This talk will discuss the growing momentum behind tobacco-free portfolios and highlight the factors driving major investors to align their investment policies with the efforts of the health sector and governments across the globe.
Magnus Billing, CEO, Alecta
What are the Challenges Facing Nordic Pension Funds & Institutional Investors?
A panel of senior Nordic executives discussing the key trends and challenges they face.
16.45 : Drinks Reception & Close of Conference
This conference is targeted at Nordic institutional investors, particularly pension funds, foundations, family
offices and private-banks; however, institutional investors from further afield will also be welcome.
The conference is by invitation only for pension funds and other institutional investors. If you are not already receiving an invitation please contact us. A limited number of Complimentary invitations are usually available to genuine pension fund representatives (executives and trustees) and other approved institutional investors. However, to ensure we have room for as many funds as possible, we have to limit free places to 2 attendees per approved organisation thereafter a reduced rate fee is payable per delegate. Furthermore, SPS always reserves the right of admission (free or paid) and our decision is final.
Alternative Credit and Private Debt Investing for Pension Funds
August 31, 2017 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
September 14, 2017 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
September 21, 2017 Apollo Hotel, Amsterdam
October 3, 2017 7A Odenplan, Stockholm
October 12, 2017 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
November 9, 2017 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
Annual Northern Investment Conference for Pension Funds
November 16, 2017 The Met Hotel, Leeds
November 23, 2017 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
January 9, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
January 18, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
February 8, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
March 8, 2018 Copenhagen
March 15, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
March 22, 2018 Amsterdam
April 12, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
April 19, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
May 10, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
June 7, 2018 Dublin
June 14, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
July 12, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
August 30, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
September 13, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
September 20, 2018 Amsterdam
October 2, 2018 Stockholm
October 11, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
November 8, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
November 15, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
November 22, 2018 Manchester