Annual Nordic Institutional Investors' Conference
08.30 : Registration and Coffee
08.55 : Welcome & Opening Remarks
Trevor Cook, Managing Director, Specialist Pension Services
09.00 : Session 1: Introduction and Equity
Chairman: Jan Bernhard Waage, Managing Director & Co-Founder, Wassum
Jan Willers, Partner & Head of Intelligence, Kirstein
Key Trends in Nordic Institutional Investment: Recent Survey Findings
This session will look at the latest data from Kirstein Nordic Intelligence revealing trends across the Nordic region in institutional investment. Asset-allocation on a country-by-country basis will be discussed as well as issues such as active and passive management and internal and external management.
Christopher Schaefer, Senior Portfolio Manager, Union Investment
European Stocks back in the Spotlight: Why Investors are Taking Another Look
- Topics and trends: Scrutinizing the key drivers for European equities
- Regions, sectors, styles: What´s hot, what´s not?
- Generating alpha: On the advantages of comprehensive fundamental analysis and sophisticated stock selection
- Adding value: Displaying the true benefits of active management for equity portfolios
Alexis Gray, Economist, Investment Management Group, Vanguard Europe
China: More than just a Hard or Soft Landing
A look beyond the question of a hard or soft economic landing in China by exploring exposure to China through the lens of diversification and the development of its capital markets.
10.50 : Coffee/Tea
11.15 : Session 2: EMD and Ethics in Investing
Jauri Häkkä, Board Member, Association of Professional Fund Investors
Robert Simpson, Senior Portfolio Manager, Emerging Market Debt, Insight Investment
Emerging Market Debt: Efficient Allocation Strategy
- Emerging market debt - understanding the divergence in markets
- Why investors should consider new approaches to investing in EMD to create an efficient allocation strategy
Alexander Fleischer, Business Process Manager, Erste Asset Management
Big Data (Ethics) & Price Discrimination in investing
- Demon "Big Data"
- Data ethics
- Data impact on pricing and price discrimination
- Responsible investing controversies. Everybody´s talking about “Big Data” – but how about Ethics on its usage? More information leading to more accurate prices? On the road to a new pricing paradigm? Responsible Investing might face some controversies...
12.25 : Drinks and Lunch
13.35 : Session 3: Keynote Address & Sustainable Investing
Chairman: Mårten Agneskog, Portfolio Manager and Head of Manager Selection, Swedbank Robur Fonder
Stefan Lundbergh, Director, Cardano Insights, Supervisory Board Member, AP4 & Indepencdent Expert appointed to review PPM
Keynote Address - Premium Pension System Review
Richard Mattison, Managing Director and CEO, TruCost, part of S&P Dow Jones Indices
Sustainable Investment Goes Mainstream
- Why asset owners are expanding allocations and using ESG benchmarks and indices
- 2C transition and the implications of the FSB Task Force on Climate Related Disclosures
- How are European perspectives changing - the interim findings of the EU High Level Expert Group on Sustainable Finance
- Finding a common framework for sustainability across the portfolio: Are the SDGs the answer?
- Indices as a gateway to sustainability investing
Dominic Byrne, Investment Director, Global Equities, Standard Life Investments
Global Equity Impact Investing
- Impact investing in public markets
- Why fundamental research is key to assessing financial returns and quantifying impact
- Moving from fund outputs to fund outcomes
15.35 Session 4: Case Studies
Chairman: Mats Andersson, Vice Chair, Global Challenges & Non-Executive Director, PRI Pensionsgaranti
Tobacco Free Portfolios: the case for Tobacco-free Investment
This talk will discuss the growing momentum behind tobacco-free portfolios and highlight the factors driving major investors to align their investment policies with the efforts of the health sector and governments across the globe.
Magnus Billing, CEO, Alecta
Jaakko Kiander, Senior Vice President & CFO , Ilmarinen
What are the Challenges Facing Nordic Pension Funds & Institutional Investors?
A panel of senior Nordic executives discussing the key trends and challenges they face.
16.35 : Drinks Reception & Close of Conference
This conference is targeted at Nordic institutional investors, particularly pension funds, foundations, family
offices and private-banks; however, institutional investors from further afield will also be welcome.
The conference is by invitation only for pension funds and other institutional investors. If you are not already receiving an invitation please contact us. A limited number of Complimentary invitations are usually available to genuine pension fund representatives (executives and trustees) and other approved institutional investors. However, to ensure we have room for as many funds as possible, we have to limit free places to 2 attendees per approved organisation thereafter a reduced rate fee is payable per delegate. Furthermore, SPS always reserves the right of admission (free or paid) and our decision is final.
February 8, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
March 8, 2018 Copenhagen Marriott Hotel
March 15, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
March 22, 2018 Apollo Hotel, Amsterdam
April 12, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
April 19, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
May 10, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
June 7, 2018 The Westbury, Dublin
June 14, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
July 12, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
August 30, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
September 13, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
September 20, 2018 Apollo Hotel, Amsterdam
October 2, 2018 7A Strandvägen, Stockholm
October 11, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
November 8, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
November 15, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London
November 22, 2018 Manchester
December 11, 2018 Le Meridien Piccadilly, London