SPEAKER BIOGRAPHies

Mark Lyon   Head of Investments - East Riding Pension Fund

Mark is currently the Head of Investments for the East Riding Pension Fund, with assets under management of £4.4bn, a position held since January 2010. 80% of the Fund is managed by the in-house investment team in Equities, Fixed Income, Property and Alternatives with the remaining 20% managed by one external manager, predominantly in Overseas Equities. Mark is responsible for the overall management of the Pension Fund including the direct management of 30% of the Fund across UK and European equities, Fixed Income, Property and Alternatives. Mark is also part of the Project Team responsible for the implementation of the Border to Coast Pension Partnership (BCPP) in response to the Government’s requirement for pooling. His career in investment management began at East Riding Pension Fund in 2002 as an Investment Analyst. In 2003 he joined Derbyshire County Council Pension Fund as a Portfolio Manager and was promoted to Head of Investments in 2009. Mark was awarded the Investment Management Certificate in 2003 and the Chartered Financial Analyst designation in 2007. He is currently a member of both the CFA Institute and the CFA Society of the UK. Prior to working in investment management, he qualified as a Chartered Accountant with BDO Stoy Hayward after graduating from the University of Teesside with a degree in Accounting and Finance.

FUTURE
CONFERENCES

 

SPS Spotlight Series: Investment Issues for Maturing Pension Funds

July 13, 2017                                   Le Meridien Piccadilly, London

Alternative Credit and Private Debt Investing for Pension Funds

August 31, 2017                               Le Meridien Piccadilly, London

Emerging & Frontier Markets Investment Strategies for Pension Funds

September 14, 2017                         Le Meridien Piccadilly, London

Investment Insights & Issues for Dutch Investors

September 21, 2017                         Apollo Hotel, Amsterdam

Annual Nordic Institutional Investors' Conference

October 3, 2017                                 7A Odenplan, Stockholm

Property, Real Assets & Infrastructure Investing for Yield for Pension Funds

October 12, 2017                             Le Meridien Piccadilly, London

Annual Round up & Current Investment Issues for Pension Funds

November 9, 2017                             Le Meridien Piccadilly, London

Annual Northern Investment Conference for Pension Funds

November 16, 2017                           The Met Hotel, Leeds

SPS Spotlight Series: LGPSs in Flux - Investment Issues & Solutions

November 23, 2017                           Le Meridien Piccadilly, London

OUR CONFERENCES