SPS Annual Irish Pension Fund Investment & Current Issues
June 16, 2022
The Westbury, Dublin
Aimed at Irish pension investors, this conference will examine a variety of investment strategies/solutions,
both public and private, discussing the opportunities and challenges associated with each in a post-Brexit,
post-pandemic economy. We seek to include consideration of a range of factors such as global and local
macroeconomic trends and policy, pension funds’ long-term funding objectives, performance, costs,
implementation, climate change/ESG requirements and any new developments in the Irish pension system.
Full details to be announced
This will be a full day conference with approximate timings of:
End of conference followed by drinks reception
Speakers and Topics confirmed so far:
The Global and Irish economic outlook and prospects for pension fund investors
• Current and future global economic outlook
• Focus on Ireland - how it has traditionally fared in times of economic turbulence and what are the possible scenarios now?
Director Public Markets
Impact investing’ in equities: assessing innovations and challenges
• Can impact investing apply to listed equities?
• Institutional investor demand and mandate trends
• Manager innovations and challenges
• Practical case study: an impact equity manager search on behalf of a European pension fund
Head of Global Emerging Markets Debt
HSBC Asset Management
Emerging market debt and impact investing
• Trends in EM debt and its role for investors
• Achieving Sustainable Development Goals in emerging markets
• Green EM bonds – issuers and trends
Head of Fixed Income Strategies
Achieving Climate Targets in a Corporate Bond Portfolio - a case study in High Yield
This talk will discuss the different ways to address sustainability with a special focus on a diversified High Yield Portfolio. We will examine the impact of implementing a fossil-free approach in terms of:
• Portfolio exposure
• Diversification and correlation profile
• Performance and volatility
Head of Investment Consulting Ireland
De-risking in times of uncertainty - some recent case studies
• Considering your investment risk in a volatile market: are you over-exposed to excess risk and how can you mitigate this?
• Liability driven approach to reduce risk without reducing overall return
• Considering existing and future hedges
Associate Professor in Economics
Trinity College Dublin
The Irish Housing Market: What Now? What Next?
• Review of the latest trends in the housing market, Dublin and nationwide, sale and rental
• Understanding the medium/long term context - how we got here, where to over coming years (and decades)
• A deep dive on one of the main issues facing the sector: construction costs,
• Other key policy issues in getting a healthy housing system, esp land use and social housing
Case studies and pension fund contributors include:
The conference is by invitation only for pension funds and other institutional investors and we welcome new attendees from these investors. Therefore if you are not already receiving an invitation please contact us. A limited number of Complimentary invitations are available to genuine pension fund representatives (executives and trustees) and other approved institutional investors. However, to ensure we have room for as many funds as possible, we have to limit free places to 3 attendees per approved organisation thereafter a reduced rate fee is payable per delegate. Furthermore, SPS always reserves the right of admission (free or paid) and our decision is final.